New to Walnut Grove/Pleasanton
If you are new to the Pleasanton Unified School District and enrolling for the 21-22 school year, enrollment will begin on Thursday, February 11, 2021. Please follow the steps below to complete the new student enrollment process.
Welcome to the Pleasanton Unified School District! We are excited about your child's entry into our school community! During COVID-19 and the Stay at Home order, new student enrollments will be processed via email. All grade levels are currently participating in remote learning.
Enrollment is ONLY for students who are new to the Pleasanton Unified School District. New enrollments are accepted throughout the school year when a new student moves into the Pleasanton Unified School District boundary. Students are enrolled in the district one time and will complete the annual registration process every year.
Students are enrolled in a school-based on their address. The PUSD School Locator will indicate the resident schools (elementary, middle, and high) for Pleasanton addresses. Due to increased and growing enrollment at certain school sites for specific grade levels, some families may be assigned to a school other than their school of residence. Therefore, please make every effort to complete your enrollment process early. If your child is overflowed to another school in the District, staff will keep your child on a waitlist and call you during the school year if space becomes available.
Also, please know that the Pleasanton Unified School District does not provide transportation (school buses). Transportation to and from school is the responsibility of each family There is public transportation available through the Tri-Valley Rapid Wheels Bus. Please visit the Wheels Bus website for more information regarding routes. In addition to transportation by individual car, families are also encouraged to have their child walk to and from school ride a bike or scooter.
2021-22 New Student Enrollment:
- TK, Kindergarten, Grades 1-12 New Student enrollment for the 2021-22 school year will begin on February 10, 2021.
- Parents of current PUSD TK students do not need to complete the online enrollment.
- Friday, February 26, 2021, is the deadline for completed enrollment packages to be received and verified in order to be included in a lottery, should one be necessary at your resident school site.
- Enrollments received after February 26, 2021, are received on a first-come, first-serve basis. If a school site does not have space remaining in that particular grade level, the student will be overflowed (placed) at one of our other PUSD schools.
- Please visit our TK/Kindergarten FAQ page in order to answer any questions you may have about your new student enrollment.
You must currently be a resident of Pleasanton and have two proofs of residency to complete this process. If you are moving into Pleasanton over the summer (June, July, or August), please wait until you have moved in to enroll.
To begin the enrollment process, parents/guardians must complete, submit and print the online pre-enrollment. Directions for completing the online pre-enrollment are available in English or Spanish.
Compile all required documents for submission prior to emailing.
The Enrollment Checklist is required with every new enrollment packet. Please print and include the enrollment checklist to ensure you have all the required documents to complete the enrollment process for each student.
- Printed confirmation of the Q online pre-enrollment information (from Step 1)
- Completed and signed Enrollment Form 50750 English Version or Spanish Version (from Step 2)
- Copy of Birth Certificate or Passport
- Two (2) proofs of residency (See acceptable documents below)
Student’s IEP or 504 Plan if applicable
High School Students should provide the latest report card or transcript
Proof of residency: These are the 8 acceptable items. Please provide any combination of 2. Current utility bill or statement showing service turned on in your name at that address for either:
- Rental/lease agreement if less than 30 days from origin and confirmation of utility service
- Close of escrow “Final Buyers Statement” if less than 30 days from move in date and confirmation of utility service
- Affidavit of Residence (if needed) An Affidavit is used when the parent/guardian does not have two proofs of residency in their own name. Please contact your school of residence to request an Affidavit of Residence if needed.
For enrollments for the current 2020/21 school year: We are processing new enrollments remotely. Please email your completed enrollment packet to your school of residence. Email addresses can be found below.
For all New Student Enrollments for the 2021/22 school year: A complete packet of enrollment documents should be printed with the checklist and dropped off or emailed at your school of residence beginning on February 11, 2021. Place all documents in an envelope and deposit in your school site's collection bin between 8 am-4 pm Monday-Friday.
(For Kindergarten 21/22 Enrollments ONLY)
Please fill out the questionnaire at the following link: Preschool Survey
Congratulations! Once you have completed the online forms and emailed the complete enrollment packet, a designated staff member will contact you via email or phone call within the next week.
New students who are enrolling for the next school year will receive a PIN and password in the mail in the summer to complete the annual Registration update.
The annual Registration will occur in the summer, approximately two weeks before school begins.